- Use the juice trick: Sprinkle some lemon or pineapple juice on your banana to keep them fresh because once a banana has been cut and is exposed to the air it will quickly turn brown. this is particularly delicious in fruit salads.
- Keep them cool and protected from the light: Bananas should be stored at around 12°C in a darker room without direct sunlight as they will ripen quicker if they are too warm.
- Pop them into the fridge: You can certainly store your bananas in the fridge, if you want them to store correctly. However, they should be ripe when you put them in as they will not ripen any further in the cool environment. The taste will not impair and it doesn't really matter if the skin turns brown due to cold.
- Wrap completely in plastic: Storing an entire banana in whole plastic bag is not recommended. It will rot very quickly in a warm and moist environment and will be inedible.
- Store it directly next to other fruit: If you want to keep your bananas fresher for longer, it is highly recommended not to put it on another fruit as sometimes inadvertently it can help the ripening process.
- Exert pressure: You can leave the skin of the fruit alone if you want to store bananas correctly. Hanging them up instead will prevent brown bruises.
The frozen bananas can be kept for up to 6 weeks and are ideal for smoothies! Keep fresh, Organics! 🍌