There's a lot of people think they need an ice cream maker in order to make a sorbet, when it’s actually not the case. All you need is some sort of heavy duty blender, like this food processor or a kitchen blender and you’re good to go.
Watermelon is a great fruit to make into a sorbet without an ice cream maker because it freezes so well – all you have to do is to remove the rind and dice it into chunks. Aside from that, it helps you hydrate, and lower your risk of heart attacks.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups watermelon
- Cut the watermelon into 1-inch or smaller cubes Freeze them on a rimmed baking sheet for about 4 hours or overnight
- Once the watermelon is frozen, place the cubes in a food processor and blend until smooth
- At first, the watermelon will look crumbly, but keep going
- Scrape down the sides as needed around 10 mins
- Once the watermelon is smooth, transfer the sorbet to a loaf pan for easy scooping
- Scoop the sorbet into dishes and eat immediately or freeze for about 2 hours to make the sorbet firmer
- Serve with a mint leaf if desired
Enjoy your Watermelon Sorbet with your family!