Chicken is rich in protein, can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease. Sweeten up your chicken with barbecue marinade together with fresh mango.
- 1kg skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 3 limes 3
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbs mint leaves
- Place mango, juice of 1 1/2 limes, oil, soy, sriracha, garlic and turmeric in a food processor, then season. Process until very smooth.
- Place half the mango mixture in a large bowl, then add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate, if time permits.
- Place remaining mango mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a greased barbecue grill on medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Transfer to a large plate. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook remaining lime halves, cut-sides down, on barbecue grill for 2 minutes or until charred.
- Top chicken with mint and serve with mango mixture and lime.
Enjoy your Mango Chicken BBQ!