Eggplant is one of the best kind of vegetable. It can help with weight loss, promote blood sugar control, high in antioxidants, and reduce the risk of heart disease—which is to say, it's a multi-tasker.
Not only is it a healthy vegetarian substitute for meat, it can stand up to being grilled, fried, or baked and it's delicious roasted, stewed, or sautéed for.
Of all the different kinds of eggplant recipes out there, fried eggplant recipes will always be our favorite. We love how the outside of the eggplant gets nicely charred, while the inside becomes silky smooth.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3 beaten eggs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in crumbs, and place in hot oil
- Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown
- Drain on paper towels and served while hot
Enjoy your Easy Fried Eggplant! 🍆