When two of my favorite food got married, they become a single dish called Fresh Eggplant, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich. I get that yummy taste of eggplant and the comforting feeling from the sandwich. The lettuce and tomato is a plus, which makes it more exciting to eat.
Fresh eggplant from Organic Always is nothing like the eggplant you’ll see in the grocery store. We pick it at just the right stage before you have to deal with any seeds, when it’s chock full of flavor and nutrition with the perfect texture.
This is a recipe for the Fresh Eggplant, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich.
Course: Fresh Eggplant, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Oriental Eggplant
- Sourdough Bread
- Sliced Tomato
- Duke’s Mayo
- Olive oil (Mostly eggplant picks up the flavor of what it’s in)
- Fresh peppers, sweet or hot (optional)
- Slice the eggplant thinly
- Fry it in the oil until it's a bit crispy
- Spread the mayo on your sourdough bread
- Layer the eggplant, sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaf, basil and tarragon
- Add fresh peppers of your choice (either hot or sweet)
Enjoy the serving!