One of the most famous of all British dishes, Cornish pasties enjoy a long and rich heritage. This authentic Cornish pasty recipe showcases English comfort food at its very best!
• 5 sheets shortcrust pastry frozen
• 3 veal steaks
• 3 potatoes medium
• 1 turnip large
• 1 carrot large
• 2 onions small
• 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
• 15 knobs butter
• 1 egg beaten
• Preheat oven to 220C.
• Cut the meat and vegetables into small pieces and mix together.
• Pile filling into the middle of each sheet of pastry.
• Top with 3 knobs of butter for each one.
• Dampen the edges of pastry with water and pull edges up to seal and make a parcel.
• Pinch and twist the pastry edges together to form a neat curved pattern.
• Brush pastry with a beaten egg.
• Place on a greased baking tray.
• Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Enjoy your Cornish Pasties and let us know what are your thoughts on the comment below!